Friday, March 18, 2011

Nieces skirt/purse

What do you call your nieces daughter? My first niece? Hummm Oh well I call her my niece. She outgrew her wonderful skirt and asked if I would turn it into a purse. I can't believe I forgot to take a before picture! Here is what I came up with. The felting was already at the bottom of the simple A line skirt.

I lined the purse with a bright multicolored material

I added a bottom, would that be a gusset? I put it in like it was.

I sewed the lining in and left it open at the bottom so I could turn the purse.

I pinned the pinked edgle of a fat denim tube for the strap

I used more scrap for a catch and a knot for the catch to hold. I used the back pockets to make a pocket for the purse. I sewed a doubled over piece of the lining then added the pocket section so really I ended up with two large pockets and the two small pockets.

I'm very happy with the way this turned out. I spent from 8:30pm to 10:30pm on it.

No comments: